One of the things I remind my students of most often is that when it comes down to it, we all want more time, never more money. This week, the Guardian published an article on a book written by a palliative care nurse on the top five regrets of the dying. The top five include:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier
Read the full article and the accompanying book for more details.